White displays of charity make me sick. Then they make me want to shit.
Send 5 cents to an African child and receive their photograph (because suffering black bodies must always be framed and catalogued for the white gaze)
No one ever talks about black peoples hospitality or our culture of compassion that has been a staple of ours for centuries.
When children are abandoned or neglected in the black community we used to take those children an raise them as part of the family. Children were told from now on this yo cousin or sister or brother and u better treat them as such. We didn’t need foster care systems or adoption agencies to tell us when a child was in need we just responded.
Do u know how many play cousins I have? Who aren’t actually related to me but show up at all my family gatherings and call themselves by my family’s last name?
I don’t know what that’s called but I have seen this happen in Black families so many times it has to be cultural.
The euro version of this however is dependant on this idea of being a savior or worshipped as one. It’s not genuine and it purposely creates distance between the charity and the charitable.
Don’t mind me but alot of white people in NYC wear tom shoes thinking they are giving to this mythical Africa where children walk barefoot when all their doing is exploiting and making a company profit from the pain of African children.
I think it goes back to White Man’s Burden.
this is what i always say about dominicans too. no need for adoption and foster care like that. someone will take care of that kid. even if they are poor and got 7 of their own, theyll eat a lil less and add a “child”. we take care of each other in a way white folk cant even fathom.
This… I can’t be begin to tell you how many family members I have who aren’t related to me by blood… My mom has helped to raise countless cousins… My family is huge and we don’t believe in foster care.. If you can take them in take them in… If you can’t take them in… TAKE THEM IN… I have a cousin now that’s raising our cousins children by herself… Some of my aunts children were raised by other aunts.. My grandmother raised 10 of her grandchildren without any help from their parents.. That’s just what we do..
- blkwomanrunning gostou desta postagem
- wontbetelevised reblogou esta postagem de cool-whatever
- likeelectricthroughtheground gostou desta postagem
- thaladyk gostou desta postagem
- birdsy-purplefishes gostou desta postagem
- pyotra gostou desta postagem
- josephurgolookingatthings gostou desta postagem
- kadalkavithaigal reblogou esta postagem de howtobeterrell
- lo-inthemornings reblogou esta postagem de dionthesocialist
- rareandradiantmaiden gostou desta postagem
- agirlofmanywords reblogou esta postagem de howtobeterrell
- 2foxb gostou desta postagem
- readingisfundamental reblogou esta postagem de theeducatedfieldnegro
- aquilogy reblogou esta postagem de theeducatedfieldnegro
- sweetoleander gostou desta postagem
- eschatologically reblogou esta postagem de theeducatedfieldnegro
- thingsforsharing gostou desta postagem
- btwin2men74 gostou desta postagem
- mosesparter gostou desta postagem
- rebellookingforacause gostou desta postagem
- chupnaraho gostou desta postagem
- hatparty gostou desta postagem
- devimonster reblogou esta postagem de knowledgeequalsblackpower
- illhollaatchu gostou desta postagem
- bitterseafigtree reblogou esta postagem de sapphrikah
- thiskindmind reblogou esta postagem de howtobeterrell
- classicnotcliche gostou desta postagem
- caramelambitions gostou desta postagem
- renothecat reblogou esta postagem de sapphrikah
- heosic24 reblogou esta postagem de bad-dominicana
- librainmaat reblogou esta postagem de sapphrikah
- roachelle gostou desta postagem
- smarrvin gostou desta postagem
- thecomplaintbox reblogou esta postagem de sapphrikah e acrescentou:
- thefaceof-beau gostou desta postagem
- theuppitynegras reblogou esta postagem de dionthesocialist e acrescentou:
- vickysparks reblogou esta postagem de howtobeterrell
- lamexicanhoe gostou desta postagem
- bendoverbarbie gostou desta postagem
- deadbreadie gostou desta postagem
- parallaxative gostou desta postagem
- lavienoire reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- naritaisanairp0rt reblogou esta postagem de sapphrikah
- divyarr reblogou esta postagem de dionthesocialist
- erespielmorena gostou desta postagem
- hungrylikeawolf gostou desta postagem
- terra-et-caelum gostou desta postagem