it really bothers me when black people want to pull that ” shut up we all black!!!” shit. YES we are all black, but I’m not gonna sit here and pretend that skin tone does not effect our experiences.
the blue vein society and the paper bag test did not appear out of no where. it didnt bring into existence like magic. darker skinned black people are considered to be dumber, and undesirable and constantly told that the lighter you are the pretty and better you are.
skin darkening products do not exist. no one is told ” you are pretty cute for a yella bone” There are no beauty commercials telling Light skinned women how the world of beauty has changed for the better. because Light skinned people are already considered beautiful. when has being called light skinned ever been an insult?
to say that ” we all black” as a means of erasing the experiences darker skinned people have had is beyond fucked up
yes we are all black
yes we are all equal
but are we all treated equally?
People really think this is not a problem in the black community… The self hate I hear on a regular basis from family members who are not lightskinned…
When my little niece was born, there were people in my family rejoicing that she came out lightskinned..
My mother tells me about how her father’s mother treated them differently because my mother was much lighter than my aunt..
I hear stories of my sister crying as a child because they gave her a black doll.. She wanted a white doll..
I’ve heard lightskinned black women tell their children to NEVER date people darker than them…
I’ve heard some of my gay black male friends say that “lightskinned dudes are not supposed to be ugly”… I see in the black gay community where the lightskinned people are coveted and revered…
I’ve got uncles who are Dark as night but won’t date a woman anywhere near their color. One uncle was even happy to admit that the woman he was dating had white people in her recent ancestry. He had arrived.
Sitting on the couch with my own cousins and my cousin’s girl friend sees a picture of my lightskinned niece and looks at her daughter and says “Damn, you should’ve been that lightskinned”….
I’ve got an aunt that was happy as a pig in slop when my skin started lightening up….
So don’t come with that bullshit of we are all black… And I also laugh when black folks from other nations think that colorism doesn’t exist among black folks in this country… I’m always shaking my head like… “You have no idea”..
- princesstai gostou desta postagem
- theblacksheepofsurburbia gostou desta postagem
- deucedlydouce reblogou esta postagem de blaccelevation
- shorbet gostou desta postagem
- blaccelevation gostou desta postagem
- blaccelevation reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- cynique gostou desta postagem
- kurohime gostou desta postagem
- resolvetobethyself gostou desta postagem
- manybodies gostou desta postagem
- centurygirlmodernworld gostou desta postagem
- seanpadilla gostou desta postagem
- gorgeous-rainbowcat gostou desta postagem
- shrieking-violet gostou desta postagem
- masteradept reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- masteradept gostou desta postagem
- explodingstardust reblogou esta postagem de jcoleknowsbest e acrescentou:
- explodingstardust gostou desta postagem
- jcoleknowsbest reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse e acrescentou:
- leperfection gostou desta postagem
- searchingforknowledge reblogou esta postagem de thebigblackwolfe
- thebigblackwolfe reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- sincorazonorazon gostou desta postagem
- thedarkamethyst reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- slay-z gostou desta postagem
- midnightsunlite reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- midnightsunlite gostou desta postagem
- afreketemaster reblogou esta postagem de mariavontraphouse
- afreketemaster gostou desta postagem
- cynicalapathy gostou desta postagem
- mariavontraphouse publicou esta postagem