This is the last paragraph in an article on Gwyneth Paltrow’s use of the N-word.
“But Paltrow isn’t the only person confused about the etiquette for using the N-word. There’s one simple rule. If you are not African American there is no instance for using the word that is not going to be taken offensively. If doesn’t matter if you’re friends with the most prominent African Africans on the planet, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Oprah or President Obama. Don’t. Use. The. Word.”
So, basically, this is saying that if you’re black it’s okay to say it but if you’re white it isn’t. Last time I checked, limiting the freedom of someone based on the color of their skin was called racism, and it was pretty frowned upon.
loooooool did you just fucking type ‘limiting the freedom of someone’ while referring to white people being asked not to use a word that was used in a dehumanizing way to justify the enslavement of Black people and is used today to justify all manner of mistreatment of them still?
No, nobody’s making a fucking law saying that white people can’t say it. Our freedom isn’t being limited. It’s just that if you’re white and you say it, you might be made to feel guilty for it. That’s not somebody limiting your freedom. That’s somebody asking you not to oppress them.
So you’re concerned about being made to feel guilty about using a word that actually did and does limit the freedom of Black folks, who have every right to reclaim a slur against them in any fucking way they feel like it, and you want to say that it’s the same thing?
Noooooooooooo. Get all the way the fuck out.
No, but literally, OP get all the way the fuck out for real. If your freedom is defined by your desire to use a word that has been reclaimed by blacks because it was used in a derogatory and dehumanizing way as a coping mechanism, then you’re not really free at all. If you can’t understand why it’s not okay for whites to say the n-word, then you’re not only stupid, you lack basic reasoning skills and need to crack open a few books~
Ask yourself, what are YOU losing if you’re not able to say the word nigger or nigga? ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOTHING. Your life and livelihood doesn’t hinge on your ability to use a racial slur which was initially used by YOUR people as a hateful and spiteful word. Now that blacks have begun to use the word counter to the meaning doesn’t justify whites’ usage of the word because the rich history behind the word has not been erased. EVERYONE KNOWS THE CONTEXT IN WHICH THE WORD WAS USED AGAINST BLACKS. Likewise, everyone with even a smidgen of a brain understands why it’s not alright to say it if they’ve got a conscience, they refrain from using it.
But ‘limiting the freedom’? Your comparing your ability to use a WORD with the everyday oppression and HELL blacks went through? You’re reaching across the damn universe with that one. Even if it was to be considered an act of ‘racism’ by not allowing non-blacks to use the world, that limitation of freedom is an EMBARRASSING claim in comparison to the REAL RACISM and REAL LIMITATIONS OF FREEDOMS other people have to deal with. I’d say that not being permitted from saying the word is of miminal impact and if that’s the extent of your oppression, you’re doing well.
My fellow blacks, yes you are black so i will refer to you as that not african american because we are not from africa. My white friends call me nigga all the time and no they are not insulting me, they are not using it to prove there imaginative white supremacy bull shit that was taken care of during the civil rights movement. If the word means something different to us now why cant it mean something different to white people now? Honestly, i like white people more than black people.
Sounds like a white troll who created a page just to reply to this message…..
- teamocorazon reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- viciousbonbon gostou desta postagem
- makeshiftpoet reblogou esta postagem de shorm
- thekerfufflewars reblogou esta postagem de shorm
- ragsapril gostou desta postagem
- ofstars gostou desta postagem
- seaoftinyflames reblogou esta postagem de jcoleknowsbest
- boyslikeama gostou desta postagem
- bubonickitten gostou desta postagem
- jcoleknowsbest reblogou esta postagem de stfuyoustupidcunt e acrescentou:
- stfuyoustupidcunt reblogou esta postagem de mimicryisnotmastery e acrescentou:
- sans-nuage gostou desta postagem
- ziggymardust gostou desta postagem
- touchmeordont gostou desta postagem
- phantomfishes reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah
- parkbenchlove gostou desta postagem
- mariavontraphouse reblogou esta postagem de native-detroiter
- native-detroiter reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah e acrescentou:
- formerly-fyna gostou desta postagem
- silvershrike gostou desta postagem
- karentocity reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah
- eclipsed-wren gostou desta postagem
- floridadamsel gostou desta postagem
- karentocity gostou desta postagem
- sugahwaatah reblogou esta postagem de jcoleknowsbest e acrescentou:
- kermit123 reblogou esta postagem de bookishboi
- tenliyad reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- youngblackandfit gostou desta postagem
- shalimarfox80 reblogou esta postagem de since1938
- shalimarfox80 gostou desta postagem
- latinagabi gostou desta postagem
- birchsoda reblogou esta postagem de igethighwithkendall e acrescentou:
- bookishboi reblogou esta postagem de thebigblackwolfe
- thebigblackwolfe reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- pellomyxa gostou desta postagem
- tariqk reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge e acrescentou:
- atlasaire gostou desta postagem
- kittycatstevens gostou desta postagem
- therearecertainshadesoflimelight gostou desta postagem
- flitling gostou desta postagem
- purplenana gostou desta postagem
- poetic-ness reblogou esta postagem de bookishboi e acrescentou:
- preconceived gostou desta postagem
- igethighwithkendall publicou esta postagem