This is the last paragraph in an article on Gwyneth Paltrow’s use of the N-word.
“But Paltrow isn’t the only person confused about the etiquette for using the N-word. There’s one simple rule. If you are not African American there is no instance for using the word that is not going to be taken offensively. If doesn’t matter if you’re friends with the most prominent African Africans on the planet, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Oprah or President Obama. Don’t. Use. The. Word.”
So, basically, this is saying that if you’re black it’s okay to say it but if you’re white it isn’t. Last time I checked, limiting the freedom of someone based on the color of their skin was called racism, and it was pretty frowned upon.
loooooool did you just fucking type ‘limiting the freedom of someone’ while referring to white people being asked not to use a word that was used in a dehumanizing way to justify the enslavement of Black people and is used today to justify all manner of mistreatment of them still?
No, nobody’s making a fucking law saying that white people can’t say it. Our freedom isn’t being limited. It’s just that if you’re white and you say it, you might be made to feel guilty for it. That’s not somebody limiting your freedom. That’s somebody asking you not to oppress them.
So you’re concerned about being made to feel guilty about using a word that actually did and does limit the freedom of Black folks, who have every right to reclaim a slur against them in any fucking way they feel like it, and you want to say that it’s the same thing?
Noooooooooooo. Get all the way the fuck out.
What kind of fuckery is this.
“You’re limiting my freedom!”
Why do white people act like teenagers whining about having a curfew when it comes to using the n-word?
You know what, white people? In the end, no one can stop you from saying it. But in turn, you can’t stop others from:
- calling you the racist that you are
- thinking lowly of you as a person
- questioning your intelligence
- mocking you
- telling you to go the fuck away and drink bleach
- cussing you the fuck out
- wishing bad things will happen to you and hoping they will
- to never, ever want to associate with you EVER
- never respecting you because you’re such a fucking embarrassment to society
You can’t limit our freedom, either.
If you just really HAVE to use a word that was made to dehumanize us, at least be a grown up who can face the consequences and doesn’t whine about it.
I’m sorry, but did you even read what I wrote? Where did I say “I am angry because I want to say the N-word because I’m a racist.”
I don’t use that word because of the offense it holds with it. But why would anyone want to use it, especially blacks, when it is such a derogatory term? My point was, the writer of the article made it clear that there is a double standard with this word, and to me, that’s not okay. No one should say it.
IT AIN’T YOUR DAMN PLACE TO TELL US WHO SHOULD USE THE WORD!!!!! Why do you need to police things that have SHIT TO DO WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE?????? Typical!!!! You’ve chosen not to use the word, congratulations!!!! OAN: Stop referring to black people as blacks… OR JUST HAVE A FUCKIN SEAT ALL TOGETHER
- teamocorazon reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- viciousbonbon gostou desta postagem
- makeshiftpoet reblogou esta postagem de shorm
- aplethoraofwords reblogou esta postagem de shorm
- ragsapril gostou desta postagem
- ofstars gostou desta postagem
- seaoftinyflames reblogou esta postagem de jcoleknowsbest
- getjoontomy-y gostou desta postagem
- bubonickitten gostou desta postagem
- jcoleknowsbest reblogou esta postagem de stfuyoustupidcunt e acrescentou:
- stfuyoustupidcunt reblogou esta postagem de mimicryisnotmastery e acrescentou:
- sans-nuage gostou desta postagem
- ziggymardust gostou desta postagem
- touchmeordont gostou desta postagem
- phantomfishes reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah
- parkbenchlove gostou desta postagem
- mariavontraphouse reblogou esta postagem de native-detroiter
- native-detroiter reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah e acrescentou:
- formerly-fyna gostou desta postagem
- silvershrike gostou desta postagem
- karentocity reblogou esta postagem de sugahwaatah
- eclipsed-wren gostou desta postagem
- floridadamsel gostou desta postagem
- karentocity gostou desta postagem
- sugahwaatah reblogou esta postagem de jcoleknowsbest e acrescentou:
- kermit123 reblogou esta postagem de bookishboi
- tenliyad reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- youngblackandfit gostou desta postagem
- shalimarfox80 reblogou esta postagem de since1938
- shalimarfox80 gostou desta postagem
- latinagabi gostou desta postagem
- birchsoda reblogou esta postagem de igethighwithkendall e acrescentou:
- bookishboi reblogou esta postagem de thebigblackwolfe
- thebigblackwolfe reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge
- pellomyxa gostou desta postagem
- tariqk reblogou esta postagem de searchingforknowledge e acrescentou:
- atlasaire gostou desta postagem
- kittycatstevens gostou desta postagem
- therearecertainshadesoflimelight gostou desta postagem
- flitling gostou desta postagem
- purplenana gostou desta postagem
- poetic-ness reblogou esta postagem de bookishboi e acrescentou:
- preconceived gostou desta postagem
- igethighwithkendall publicou esta postagem